Three super foods in one bowl? Believe it! We've packed major power into this nutrient-rice dish. Quinoa, avocado, and sweet potatoes are some of the most delicious ingredients out there and they happen to be some of the healthiest to boot!
|Quinoa||2 pkg (227 g)|
|Sweet Potato, cubed||2 pkg (680 g)|
|Arugula||2 pkg (227 g)|
|Balsamic Vinegar||1 bottle (2 tbsp)|
|Almonds, sliced||2 pkg (56 g)|
|Dijon Mustard||1 pkg (1 1/2 tsp)|
|Feta Cheese, crumbled||2 pkg (1 cup)|
|Vegetable Broth Concentrate||2 pkg|
|Olive or Canola Oil*|
Preparation Time / 30 minutes
Cooking difficulty / Level 1
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F to roast the sweet potatoes. Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
2. Roast the sweet potatoes: Wash and dry all produce. Toss the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven, stirring halfway through cooking, until golden-brown, 25-28 min.
3. Toast the almonds: Meanwhile, heat a small pot over medium heat. Add the almonds to the dry pot. Cook, stirring often, until golden-brown and toasted, 3-4 min. Transfer to a plate. (TIP: Keep your eye on them so they don't burn!) Add 1 cup water (double for 4 people) and broth concentrate(s) to the pot and bring to a boil.
4. Cook the quinoa: Add the quinoa to the boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, until quinoa is tender and all the water has been absorbed, 12-15 min.
5. Prep: Meanwhile, zest the orange(s). Cut a piece off the top and bottom ends of the orange(s). Placing a flat end on a cutting board, cut the peel away from the flesh from top to bottom, turning the orange as you go. When all the peel is off, slip a paring knife along each side of the white lines ("membranes") of the orange to release the segments into a small bowl. Squeeze the leftover orange membrane(s) over a medium bowl to release the leftover juice. Peel, pit and thinly slice the avocado(s).
6. In the bowl with the orange juice, add half the orange zest, 1/2 pkg mustard (1 pkg for 4 people), 1/2 bottle vinegar (1 bottle for 4 people) and a drizzle of oil. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the arugula.
7. Finish and serve: Divide the quinoa between bowls. Top with the sweet potatoes, arugula, orange segments and avocado. Sprinkle with the almonds, feta and remaining orange zest, if desired. Enjoy!
No time for shopping?
Go home, kick your feet up, and skip the supermarket – HelloFresh has got you covered! From creating the recipes and planning the meals, to sourcing specialty products from legendary suppliers. They even start the prep work by pre-measuring and pre-cutting the ingredients for you! There's no waste and you don't have to worry about the time old question, "What's for dinner?"