Ah, ginger and pork. The two go together like Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Dancing across your taste buds tonight, this lip smacking concoction in tasty oyster sauce served on a bed of pillowy jasmine rice won’t fail to have you swinging.
|For 4 People|
|Pork Loin Strips||2 pkg (680 g)|
|Long Red Chili||1|
|Garlic||2 pkg (20 g)|
|Sesame Oil||1 pkg (2 tsp)|
|Jasmine Rice||2 pkg (340 g)|
|Sugar Snap Peas, trimmed||1 pkg (227 g)|
|Carrot, matchsticks||1 pkg (285 g)|
|Oyster Sauce||3 pkg (3 tbsp)|
|Soy Sauce||1 pkg (1 tbsp)|
|Olive or Canola Oil|
Large Non-Stick Pan
Preparation Time / 30 minutes
Cooking Difficulty / Level 1
- Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Mince or grate the garlic and ginger. Thinly slice the chili (if using). Bring 22/3 cups salted water in a large pot to a boil.
2. Marinate the pork: In a large bowl, combine the pork strips with garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Set aside.
3. Cook the rice: Add the rice to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover with a lid, and cook until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, 12-14 min.
4. Make the stir-fry: Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, 1-2 min per side. Transfer to a plate.
5. Add the sugar snap peas and carrot to the same pan. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 1-2 min. Stir in the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, pork and 1 tbsp water. Stir until everything is warmed through, 1-2 min.
6. Finish and serve: Fluff the rice with a fork. Divide the rice between bowls and top with the pork stir-fry. Sprinkle with chili, if desired. Enjoy!
NUTRITION TIP: Carrots (and other orange veggies) are high in beta-carotene. This nutrient is converted to vitamin A in our bodies, which helps with many biological processes including developing night vision!
No time for shopping?
Go home, kick your feet up, and skip the supermarket – HelloFresh has got you covered! From creating the recipes and planning the meals, to sourcing specialty products from legendary suppliers. They even start the prep work by pre-measuring and pre-cutting the ingredients for you! There's no waste and you don't have to worry about the time old question, "What's for dinner?"