We’re giving your typical taco night a little upgrade. Say Prep
goodbye to seasoning packets and jarred salsa! Tonight’s tacos are full of cumin-scented beef, creamy guacamole, and crisp pickled radish. A little cilantro and lime finishes each taco with a bright touch.
|Ground Beef||2 pkg (500 g)|
|Flour Tortillas, 6-inch||10|
|Cilantro||1 pkg (10 g)|
|Red Bell Pepper||2|
|Mexican Seasoning||1 pkg (1 tbsp)|
|Sour Cream||3 pkg (1/2 cup)|
|Olive or Canola Oil|
2 Small Bowls
Preparation Time / 30 minutes
Cooking Difficulty / Level 1
1. Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Thinly slice the green onions, keeping the greens and whites separate. Finely chop the cilantro. Zest, then juice one lime. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Core, then thinly slice the bell peppers. Thinly slice the radishes.
2. Make the guacamole: Halve and pit the avocado, then scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Stir in the green onion greens, half the cilantro and half the lime juice. Mash with a fork until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Pickle the radish: Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add the radish, sugar, remaining lime juice and 2 tbsp water. Bring to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt. Set aside.
4. Cook the veggies: Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the bell peppers and green onion whites. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly golden, 5-6 min.
5. Cook the beef: Add the ground beef and Mexican seasoning to the pan. Cook, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, 4-5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Make the lime crema: In another small bowl, stir the sour cream with the lime zest. Squeeze over one lime wedge.
7. Warm the tortillas: Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave for 30 sec to 1 min.
8. Finish and serve: Spread each tortilla with a bit of guacamole, then top with the beef mixture, pickled radish and remaining cilantro. Serve with remaining lime wedges and lime crema. Enjoy!
No time for shopping?
Go home, kick your feet up, and skip the supermarket – HelloFresh has got you covered! From creating the recipes and planning the meals, to sourcing specialty products from legendary suppliers. They even start the prep work by pre-measuring and pre-cutting the ingredients for you! There's no waste and you don't have to worry about the time old question, "What's for dinner?"