Our Spanish-inspired potato salad boasts crispy potatoes and fresh green beans for a side salad like you’ve never had before. The only thing that could meet the challenge of pairing with this masterpiece is a juicy pan-seared steak, cooked to perfection.
|Sirloin Steak||2 pkg (680 g)|
|Green Beans, trimmed||2 pkg (340 g)|
|Grape Tomatoes||2 pkg (255 g)|
|Oregano||1 pkg (10 g)|
|Beef Broth Concentrate||2 pkg|
|Garlic||2 pkg (20 g)|
|Olive or Canola Oil*|
Preparation time / 30 minutes
Cooking difficulty / Level 1
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. (To roast the potatoes). Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
2. Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Peel and finely chop the shallots. Mince or grate the garlic. Finely chop 1 tbsp oregano leaves.
3. Roast the potatoes: Toss the potatoes on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven, stirring halfway through cooking, until tender and golden-brown, 25-28 min.
4. Cook the veggies: Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the green beans, tomatoes, garlic and oregano. Cook, stirring often, until the beans are tender-crisp and the tomatoes soften slightly, 5-6 min. Transfer the veggies to a bowl.
5. Cook the steak: Season the steak with salt and pepper. Add another drizzle of oil to the same pan, then the steak. Cook for 4-7 min per side, until cooked to desired doneness. (TIP: Inserting a thermometer into a medium steak should display an internal temperature of 160°F.) Set the steak aside on a plate.
6. Make the pan sauce: Reduce the heat to medium. Add another drizzle of oil to the same pan, then the shallot. Cook until softened, 2-3 min. Stir in the broth concentrates and 1 cup water, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. (This is where the flavour is!)
7. Finish and serve: Toss the roasted potatoes into the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Thinly slice the steak and serve alongside the potato salad, drizzled with the shallot pan sauce. Enjoy!
No time for shopping?
Go home, kick your feet up, and skip the supermarket – HelloFresh has got you covered! From creating the recipes and planning the meals, to sourcing specialty products from legendary suppliers. They even start the prep work by pre-measuring and pre-cutting the ingredients for you! There's no waste and you don't have to worry about the time old question, "What's for dinner?"