Yakitori is a favourite late-night street food in Japan, where you'll find alleys lined with charcoal grills selling skewers by the hundreds. We're marinating our chicken yakitori in a sweet garlic soy sauce and serving them atop chewy pan-fried noodles and roasted green beans.
|Chicken Tenders||2 pkg (680 g)|
|Yakisoba Noodles||2 pkg (360 g)|
|Green Beans trimmed||2 pkg (340 g)|
|Red Onion, sliced||2 pkg (113 g)|
|Garlic||2pkg (20 g)|
|Stir-Fry Sauce||1 pkg (6 tbsp)|
|Olive or Canola Oil|
2 Baking Sheets,
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (to bake the chicken and green beans). Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
2. Prep: Wash and dry all produce. Soak the skewers in a shallow dish filled with hot water. Mince or grate the garlic. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss the green beans with a drizzle of oil on a baking sheet.
3. Prep and bake the skewers: In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, garlic and stir-fry sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Thread the chicken onto the skewers (keep the marinade in the bowl – we'll use it to make a sauce later) and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in the centre of the oven, turning the skewers over halfway through cooking, until golden-brown, 10-12 min. Roast the green beans in the centre of the oven, alongside the chicken, until golden-brown, 10-12 min.
4. Cook the yakisoba: Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium- high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the red onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, 7-8 min. Add the reserved marinade and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, then add the noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally until warmed through, 1-2 min.
5. Finish and serve: Stir the green beans into the noodles. Divide the noodles between plates and top with the chicken skewers.
NUTRITION FACT: Green beans are a good source of Vitamin K. This nutrient is very important for blood health and helps to speed up healing from cuts and wounds.
No time for shopping?
Go home, kick your feet up, and skip the supermarket – HelloFresh has got you covered! From creating the recipes and planning the meals, to sourcing specialty products from legendary suppliers. They even start the prep work by pre-measuring and pre-cutting the ingredients for you! There's no waste and you don't have to worry about the time old question, "What's for dinner?"