We've hidden a cleverly disguised veggie in this cheeseburger pizza — grated carrot looks a lot like cheddar cheese! Caramelized onions, juicy ground beef, tomato sauce and plenty of cheddar makes this pizza reminiscent of your favourite burger!
|Ground Beef||1 pkg (250 g)|
|Pizza Dough||1 pkg (570 g)|
|Red Onion, sliced||1 pkg (340 g)|
|Tomato Pizza Sauce||1 pkg (2/3 cup)|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||1 pkg (2 cups)|
|All-purpose Flour||1 pkg (4 tbsp)|
|Olive or Canola Oil|
Large Non-Stick Pan
2 Baking Sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (to bake pizza) and remove the pizza dough from the fridge. Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature.
2. Roll the dough: Wash and dry all produce. Cut the dough into two equal pieces. Sprinkle the flour on your counter. Using a rolling pin or a long glass bottle (like a wine bottle!), roll out each dough into a 12-inch circle. (TIP: If you don't have a round baking sheet, roll each dough into 1/4-inch thick rectangles to fit your baking sheet.) Place each rolled dough over two parchment-lined baking sheets and prick all over with a fork. Bake in the centre of the oven until the crust is lightly golden, 15-16 min.
3. Caramelize the onions: Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4-5 min. Reduce the heat to low, then add the sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is brown and tastes sweet, 12-14 min.
4. Meanwhile, coarsely grate the carrot. When the onions are browned, add the ground beef to the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, breaking the meat up into smaller pieces with a spoon, until no pink remains, 4-5 min. Stir in the carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1-2 min. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Assemble pizza: Divide the tomato sauce between each baked pizza crust and spread the sauce to the edges. Top with the beef mixture then, sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizzas to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 4-5 min.
6. Finish and serve: Cut the pizza into slices and enjoy!
RE-HEATING TIP: Place a slice of pizza on a non-stick pan. Cover and set over medium heat. Cook until the bottom is crispy and cheese melts, 6-8 min.
No time for shopping?
Go home, kick your feet up, and skip the supermarket – HelloFresh has got you covered! From creating the recipes and planning the meals, to sourcing specialty products from legendary suppliers. They even start the prep work by pre-measuring and pre-cutting the ingredients for you! There's no waste and you don't have to worry about the time old question, "What's for dinner?"